Thursday, June 28, 2012

Poppies on Cashmere!

Poppies are one of my very favorite flowers.
 Decided to create this background using a technique that usually uses velvet, however here I have used an old cashmere sweater. You lay your stamp down on your ironing board face up, then lay your velvet- or cashmere- on top, wet it down,  and heat, on high,  it until embossed. I then added a bit of paper and clip art, a flower at the top, and some words with a punch. The link below should take you to GG Designs blog where you can see other examples of this technique and see about      purchasing GG Design's beautiful stamps. 

http://ggdesignsgazette.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Debra said...

I love your art!!!

Michelle Morlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Morlan said...

Hi Deb!
Have you ever tried the velvet with rubber stamp technique? This came about because I didn't have any velvet on hand...and gosh, I really liked the results.
I can send you a piece of cashmere if you would like to try it and don't have any!
Hugs,
Michelle

Michelle Morlan said...

P.S. and thanks, Deb!